[Zope] linuxworld article

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:50:22 +0100

Graham Chiu wrote:
> The author creates a straw man ( a shoe shop built upon a shoe object )
> without mentioning that Zope users can use a relational database instead
> to build their store.

I think that's a Zope Documentation problem ;-)

> And he is not aware of the way that many here use editors with FTP
> capabilities to interact with Zope. ( though FTP doesn't work in many
> situations ).

FTP support is not good enough to use for total site development.
It's also not at a high enough level for content managers as I'm
currently finding.

> Far from being torture "Expecting someone to code in a browser text box
> is considered a human-rights violation in most civilized nations" the
> small text browser box encourages code to be factored.

Sorry, that's simply not true ;-)

Text boxes are pathetic for editing. Find and replace?

That said, DTML is probably more of a human rights violation right
now...

I think Zope Studio will address a lot of the aboev problems, but I
can't help feeling a pluggin type thing for Dreamweaver would be of
great benefit too :-)

From the content managers point of view I think it's all about
consistency of interface and ease of use... the two reasons I still use
WinNT on my desktop instead of LINUX ;-)

cheers,

Chris