[Zope] Problem with Zope 2.2.0 and changing a ZClass property

Jochen Knuth jok-zope@ipro.de
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:28:12 +0200

Hi Shane,

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Jochen Knuth wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > trying to update a ZClass based Product to Zope 2.2.0 i get the
> > following Error and Traceback:

[traceback deleted]

> > The error occurs in a method i defined in a ZClass. The beginning of
the
> > method is:
> >
> > <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('editor',AUTHENTICATED_USER)">
> > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('edit_date', ZopeTime())">
> > <dtml-call
"propertysheets.properties.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
> > <dtml-call reindex_object>
> > [...]
> >
> > The method is called from a edit form of a ZClass instance as the
form
> > action.
> >
> > Is there anything wrong with the method or is there something other
> > look at?
>
> Try changing:
>   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('editor',AUTHENTICATED_USER)">
> to:
>   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('editor',AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName())">

that's it. i changed the 2.1.x version (<dtml-call
"REQUEST.set('editor',AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserRealName())">) because i
haven't ported our user folder (GUF, with an addition getUserRealName)
to 2.2.0 and forgot to set it to getUserName.

Thanx,

Jochen