[Zope] Zope is memory intensive?

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:49:59 +0200

On 18 Jul 2000, 2:15  Firestar wrote:

> Hi, i have installed Zope on a RH6 box, and looking at the processes,
> Zope(running as 'python') consumes abt 20% of the memory usage! A
> single apache daemon only takes abt 9-10%. Is Zope supposed to be so
> memory intensive?

Well, I'm running both IIS and Zope side to side, on one of our
intranet servers a four year old NT4 box. Both are moslty idle. Zope
currently consumes 7.5 M, IIS needs 6.5 M.  IMHO, these
numbers represent the lower bound, more or less.

I wouldn't call that "memory intensive". A eight line http-server
written in python consumes much less memory, though. :-)

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include