[Zope] Newbie: How to create a Oracle connection (DCOracle)

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:48:02 +0100

--On Tuesday, July 18, 2000 12:00 PM -0700 zope-admin@zope.org wrote:

> Message: 15
> From: gustavo <gustavo@vipline.com>
> To: zope@zope.org
> Subject: [Zope] Newbie: How to create a Oracle connection (DCOracle)
> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:23:06 -0300
>
> Hi List,
>
> Finally, I installed DCOracle and works fine. But, how to create a Oracle
> connection inside Zope? I tried to add a SQL Method and received this
> warning:
>
> Warning: There are no SQL database connections. You need to add a Zope
> SQL database connection before you can use a Zope SQL Method.
>
> I not found nothing about that in documentation. Could you help me?
>
> Gustavo

If your Oracle DA is installed OK you should now find a

Z Oracle Database Connection

item in your Add menu in the management screens. Add this
object, provide a database connection string and you
should be in heaven.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/