[Zope] Need an SQL based auth system that works with Zope 2.2

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:33:58 +0100

At 12:43 pm +1200 19/7/00, Graham Chiu wrote:
>In article <v0422081ab59a36ddacad@[128.240.198.13]>, Tony McDonald
><tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk> writes
>>Can anyone who's using an SQL based authentication system with Zope 2.2
>>successfully please let me know which one you used and how you did it?
>
>What are the requirements for such a beast?

Very simple really. I'd like to use the functionality of UserDB in
Zope 2.2. UserDB-1.2 (and 1.3) give me errors when I select the
Properties tab (used for the docLogin docLogout screens and SQL
methods). This means that USerDBs imported from Old Zopes work fine,
but creating new ones is a no-no.

I've looked at LoginManager, but can't get my head around it.
GUFolder was promising, but I couldn't get it to work.
I'm now looking at Shane Hathaways' DatabaseAPI which looks very
interesting, but I'll need to spend some time with it..

cheers
tone

------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2