[Zope] Reversing acquisition?

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:02:33 -0300

zoper@creative.isquare-asia.com wrote:
> The effect I would like to achieve is:
> when user access http://myserver/,
> content of /text_object_1 and /text_object_2 will be shown
> while user access http://myserver/subfolder/,
> content of /subfolder/text_object_1 and /subfolder/text_object_2
>
> The point is that there's no index_html in /subfolder
> so /index_html will be acquested and by default it displays
> content of /text_object_1 and /text_object_2
>
> The question is: we got text_object_1 and text_object_2 in /subfolder
> how could I let the acquested index_html in subfolder to use the
> objects inside the subfolder?

What you want is what Zope already does!

That is how acquisition works: if /subfolder has no index_html, it will
acquire that object from the root. But the DTML inside index_html will
be rendered in the context (namespace) of the subfolder, so the desired
effect will be achieved.

Regards,

Luciano Ramalho