[Zope] two problems.

Gregory Haley gh@venaca.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:28:27 -0400

hi folks,

the first of these should be as simple to solve as anything, but i
cannot figure it out.  the second may be more complicated, and perhaps
there is a good tutorial on it that someone could point out to me
(though i did not find exactly what i am looking for in the zope list of
how-to's, etc.)

1.  i am exploring using zope 2.2 on my local machine, the installation
went fine, but now when i try to create anything from superuser, i get
an error that says:

	Error Type: SuperCannotOwn
	Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by superuser

what am i doing wrong here.  (this of course runs completely
counterintuitive from my unix experience, where superuser can do
anything anywhere).  i was folloing the steps outlined in the "A first
zope site" How-to, and still did not get this to work.

2.  on a website we are developing, we can log in as a user, and get
AUTHENTICATE_USER to authenticate fine, but when we log out and log in
as a new user, the content remains that of the original user.  we are
using a combination of UserDb to store users, acl_user, and a MySQL
database to store user folder content information.  the zope
documentation still seems fairly sketchy as to how the whole
authentication process works, and i have seen many questions posted
about this.

tia.

ciao!
greg.