[Zope] ZBabel performance??

technews@egsx.com technews@egsx.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:41:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I was able to install and test the ZBabel product.
Very nice product indeed!!  I have a question about performance..

I saved the translated text into an MySQL database, and ZBabel
automatically inserted the text to be translated into the database, I went
ahead and translated the text, and bingo it magically appeared as
translated.  However my concern that if the page is accessed by thousands
of people, does Zope cache the translated text and serve it? does ZBabel
do that? or is there a way to do that?  I do not want to hit the database
everytime someone requests that page.. Our site is usually translated to 5
languages and we had developed a Perl script that would read php tags and
create static pages becuase of that problem, and in this case we do not
know at all what happend in eth backend..

Thanks in advance..

Adonis

--
Adonis El Fakih - President, CEO -- EGS, Inc.
70 Boston Road, Suite A301, Chelmsford MA 01824 USA