[Zope] packing on ZSPs (was Re: [Zope] zope.org down)

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
21 Jul 2000 18:27:16 -0700

ethan mindlace fremen <mindlace@digicool.com> writes:
> Well, folks, zope.org is down again, because the site was packed without
> enough space on the device.
> To keep this from happening again, we will be adding an additional 40gb
> drive that should do us just fine until the Data.fs hits 2 GB.

This is a general problem for zope service providers and their users;
I wonder how we can resolve it ?

Related, though specific to Codeit users: I need to pack to avoid the
above, but fear the data-corrupting packing bugs which were fixed in
more recent versions of zope. Codeit, perhaps time for an upgrade ? At
least to 2.1.6 ?

Best regards
-Simon