[Zope] Re: Meta Type Registry

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:53:28 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:
> >
> > Is there a Product Builders meta-type registry somewhere?
> >
> > I can see things getting messed up in the near future as the number of
> > products proliferates and meta-types start to clash.
>
> I note that the management screens' "add" drop-down list doesn't have
> the "product:" namespace qualification, and I guess that's where the
> problems lie. I doubt this would be much of a problem to patch, and it
> probably counts as a bug, if anyone is passing the Collector in the near
> future.

Patch against 2.2 final. It isn't perfect, but it is minimal and
functional :-)

This changes the "add" drop-down on the management screen to give you
the product name (usually) followed by a colon, followed by the
meta-type.

*** lib/python/OFS/main.dtml    Sat Jul 22 23:50:17 2000
--- lib/python/OFS/new_main.dtml        Sat Jul 22 23:50:13 2000
***************
*** 96,102 ****
    >/'+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">
      <OPTION value="manage_workspace" DISABLED>Available Objects
    <dtml-in filtered_meta_types mapping sort=name>
!     <OPTION value="<dtml-var action fmt="url-quote">"><dtml-var name>
    </dtml-in>
    </SELECT>
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE=" Add ">
--- 96,103 ----
    >/'+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">
      <OPTION value="manage_workspace" DISABLED>Available Objects
    <dtml-in filtered_meta_types mapping sort=name>
!     <OPTION value="<dtml-var action fmt="url-quote">">
!        <dtml-var product missing>:<dtml-var name>
    </dtml-in>
    </SELECT>
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE=" Add ">

--