[Zope] ZServer Statistics

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:01:44 -0400

At 8:31 AM -0700 7/21/2000, Demos Economacos wrote:
>Is there way to determine how many (and which)pages
>ZServer serves? I am running ZServer as my primary
>server. What kind of statistics should I be looking
>for?

Zope writes to a log file called "Z2.log" which in log terms is a
"combined log file" format. You should be able to run any log
analysis package against it and get most of the information you want.
If you want to pay for a GUI go for Webtrends, otherwise you can use
very powerful and free Analog (http://www.analog.cx) which can be
customized to do almost anything.

>For example should I be concerned about how long it
>takes to load pages, and how long users stay on a
>specific page etc?

For that kind of information you need to do some pretty tricky
mathematics that are not always very accurate.