[Zope] ODBC SQL DA

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:29:41 +1000

Greetings,

	I have been digging about for a couple of weeks, and either I'm missing
something (most likely :) or where there once was a mxODBC adapter, there is
no longer?

	I am going to need to dig into an ODBC based DB (DataFlex), for which we
have an ODBC interface.  The db was not my choice, so there's no option there.

	However, I saw a few references to various ODBC DAs in the product lists.
With ODBC supposedly being a 'generic' interface, why does each different DB
require a different DA?  Is this just tailoring the DA for that specific DB?
In which case, would it be possible to build a "Generic" ODBC DA?

	Fortunately, this is not a priority project, but I would appreciate some
details in this matter.

	Oh well, back to the archives.

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney