[Zope] Sybase in Remote Machine

Holger Lehmann lehmann@catworkx.de
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:53:10 +0200

Hi,

you should be able to specify the hostname/IP-Adress in the connection string.
It should be similar (or the same) to the MySQL DA connection string I am using:
database@hostname user password
where hostname being the (correct !) hostname as being seen from the database,
i.e. I have to use the fqdn to connect since my MySQL server sees me with the
full domainname. Furthermor you have to set the access rights in your database
correctly for the user to be able to connect from that host ...

- Holger

Am Mon, 24 Jul 2000 schrieb Herbert Kwong:
> Hello,
>
> I have SuSE 6.4, Zope 2.1.6, Sybase 11.9.2 and SybaseDAv2 in my
> machine.  It works fine.  However, is it possible to make my local
> Zope create a connection to a remote Sybase server?  As I would like
> to separate the Sybase Database from the Apache/Zope server.  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Herbert Kwong
> herbert@siliconcreation.com

catWorkX GmbH Hamburg