[Zope] timezone change and permission problem

Bart Holthuijsen gonk_@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:12:02 PDT

>From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>

>Bart Holthuijsen wrote:
> > This works for a User with the role Manager, but not with a user-defined
> > role. I have created a Viewer class with all the available permissions
>(for
> > testing purposes), but the above code returns nothing. If I remove the
>"and
> > AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('View',_.getitem('id',1)) " part it
>does
> > show up. What should I do to make that part work?
>
>Try giving your DTML method a proxy role or 'Manager'...

Thanks for the quick reply... BUT

It still isn't working. I even created a user in the root folder with the
Viewer role and all the rights granted, but I'm still greeted with a blank
screen where the list should be :(

I added the proxy role "Manager" to the methods, but still nothing. I also
checked all the "Acquire permission settings" boxes, so it couldn't be that.

Any other suggestions?

TIA,
Bart Holthuijsen