[Zope] [FAQTS] ZOPE Knowledge Base Update -- July 25th, 2000

Fiona Czuczman Fiona Czuczman <fiona@sitegnome.com>
25 Jul 2000 13:01:13 -0000

Hi Guys,

The latest entries to be entered into http://zope.faqts.com

regards,

Fiona Czuczman

Including:

- Where can I get performance statistics for Zope?
- Using Zope 2.2 and jcNTUserFolder 0.0.7. I installed a top level
NTUserFolder and now I cannot login as superuser (or any user for that
matter).
- How can I use a personal Python object in Zope?
- I log on as a superuser, when I try and make a new folder I get a Zope
Error, why?

## New Entries #################################################

Where can I get performance statistics for Zope?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5006
Fiona Czuczman
J. Atwood

Well, if you "ARE" anal about numbers try

http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/zope_benchmarks/benchmarks.html

which has a lot of information. Zope is certainly not going to compare
to any static webserver in terms of speed so I would not be upset when
you see that it does not. It does, however, come out much faster than
other things like Apache Tomcat.

Using Zope 2.2 and jcNTUserFolder 0.0.7. I installed a top level NTUserFolder and now I cannot login as superuser (or any user for that matter).
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5005
Fiona Czuczman
Erik Myllymaki

Problem:

I am using Zope 2.2 and jcNTUserFolder 0.0.7. I just installed a top
level NTUserFolder and now I cannot login as superuser (or any user
for that matter). First of all, how do I get back into my Zope
management pages and second, what is wrong with jcNTUserFOlder (or what
did I do wrong?)?

I am running Zope standalone. My root user is mapped to a valid
administrator of my local NT Domain.

Solution:

OK, so I got in by changing the ntuserfolder.py file in my installation:

   def authenticate(self, password, request):
        """ try to authenticate the user
        """
        # <HACK>
        return 1
        # </HACK>
        .
        .
        .

How can I use a personal Python object in Zope?
How can I display (in html page) the results from a Python function?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5007
Fiona Czuczman
Holger Lehmann

Get the product PythonMethod from zope.org
(http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/PythonMethod) install an use it :-)

e.g.:

<dtml-var standard-header>
<dtml-var myPythonScriptThatProducesHTMLOutput>
<dtml-var standard-footer>

## Edited Entries ##############################################

I'm running ZOPE with administrator privileges, when I try to create any objects I get an error message.
I log on as a superuser, when I try and make a new folder I get a Zope Error, why?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4968
Fiona Czuczman
waldemar,Chris McDonough

Error Message:

Zope Error

  Error Type: SuperCannotOwn
  Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the superuser

Answer:

You cannot add, copy or move objects as the superuser, but you can add
users to a user folder and change permissions.  But there should be no
permissions that need changing.  Make sure that you give the user the
'Manager' role when you add a new user (while logged in as superuser).