[Zope] Slow ODBC source

Jelle Gerbrandy jellegerbrandy@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:05:52 +0200

I'm retrieving data from an Access database, on windows 98, via an ODBC
connection, and my problem is that it is very very slow: retrieving 1 record
is fast enough, but retrieving 20 records takes 20 seconds, occupies my CPU
completely and has my harddisk running hard.

I've done a little bit of testing, and the time it takes to retrieve the
data seems not be related to the complexity of the query or the number of
records, but to the amount of information retrieved (i.e. retrieving long
strings takes much longer than small numbers).

Any suggestions?

Jelle