[Zope] Slow ODBC source

jacques@msaservice.com.br jacques@msaservice.com.br
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:40:33 -0300

[snip]
> > Any suggestions?
>
>    Using Win98 for database and WWW? No.
>
> Upgrade!
>
>    win98 => Linux of FreeBSD
>    Access => PostgreSQL or MySQL or Interbase
>    ODBC DA => corresponding DA

	I´m NOT starting a OS war here but that sugestion is probably harder to
implement then upgrading to NT and SQL Server. If Jelle Gerbrandy is using
Win98/Access there must be a reason (I cannot think of any good one :) )
	Maybe just changing Access to MySQL or Interbase (Interbase runs under
Win98, MySQL I´m not sure, I think it does) would be a middle term as
changing OS is a bigger move (I would change as in my opinnion Win98 is NOT
an end user OS not a developer one)

	Jacques