[Zope] zope.org down

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:24:15 -0400

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > One solution is to have your Data.fs actually be split using mounted
> > databases, something I consider a sub-optimal solution.
>
> I'm curious - why do you consider this sub-optimal?

because you have to do it manually.  You also have to anticipate where
your site will grow fastest.

Also, sometimes it forces a reorginization where there's no logical (as
opposed to technical) reason: Let's say zope.org's member section gets
in danger of growing past 2GB.  Where do I split it? Even if I decide to
split on say, member folders that start with "M", now I have to rewrite
my member-creating code ...

Anyway, it's a dumb Linux problem.
--
ethan mindlace fremen