[Zope] dtml-tree question

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:39:39 +0100

Jonothan Farr wrote:
> Is it because the document is at the top of the namespace stack instead of the
> request object in the dtml document case, but not in the dtml method case?

Hurm, thinking for the right words and I think(?) namespace is the right
one.

Anyway, DTML documents have one and DTML methods don't.

Hence your tree tag is using the DTML documents namespace, which has
nothing in it apart from the properties of the document. A method will
use the namespace of the folder containing it, which will have all the
other objects in that folder in its namespace.

The vocab. I've used might not be quite right (someone please correct me
:-) but the basic principal is what's going on.

HTH,

Chris