[Zope] web publishing from frontpage/webdav support

Rajil Saraswat rajil@iitk.ac.in
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:08:47 +0530

thanks for the information. But i also have zope installed on linux. are
there web based editors(dtml aware)  available for linux platform.

Rajil Saraswat

-----Original Message-----
From: Holger Lehmann [mailto:lehmann@catworkx.de]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 2:57 PM
To: Rajil Saraswat; zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] web publishing from frontpage/webdav support

Hi Rajil,

I doubt that you will be able to use frontpage as an editor, sorry.
frontpage is a standalone webpage design program that cannot write dtml
sources, nor is it aware of zope objects.

If you publish files via ftp on port 8021 you will *probably* create simple
dtml-documents when publishing these documents. You will *porbably* *never*
be
able to create a database adapter or a squishdot site when using any
external
editor. Furthermore will you *probably* not be able to take full advantage
of
the benefits of dtml-methods and dtml-var and dtml-with statements in your
own
webpages.

Zope has its own web based editing "tools". **But** since you are running
windows please do chack out the following options you have:
The product ZopeFish
http://www.zope.org/Members/ddb/ZopeFish
together (!) with the pike editor:
http://pikebeta.userland.com/
or alternatively your ie5 with the product ZIE:
http://www.zope.org/Members/johanc/ZIE

Both products use the XMLRPC interface to talk to Zope (as far as I
understood
this). They should be both fully (I doubt it) aware of the products and
features ...

Hope that help,

 Holger

Am Don, 27 Jul 2000 schrieb Rajil Saraswat:
> hi everyone,
>   i want to publish my html files directly from frontpage2000. how can i
do
> this. i tried to use  'web publish' and gave ftp://localhost:8021 as the
> sitename but frontpage was not able to connect to it. btw i am running
zope
> on win2000. otherwise i have heard about webdav support in zope, how do
use
> webdav from frontpage. the frontapge and zope are on the same system.
please
> help.
> thanks for any tips.
> Rajil Saraswat