[Zope] anyone skilled in the ways of changing page properties?

tav tav" <tav@espnow.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:14:21 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

> Try changing all your _[pagename] to _.getitem(pagename,0),
> especially when you're getting errors about strings not having
> attributes.

Chris, you are a star!

I made the whole of the site in two days, but wasnt able to work out this
particular problem for over another two days!. learnt a lot of dtml in an
attempt to do so, but still hadnt solved it :/

once again, thanks Chris for the lifesaver. Also, special thanks to AdamK,
who followed me up on IRC, and helped resolve it.

now, only one more thing needs resolving... <g> ... when i do the following:

manage_changeProperties(page_owner=AUTHENTICATED_USER)

i get the error

Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: Invalid property value: wrapped object

course, if i put ' ' around AUTHENTICATED_USER, it works but it then uses
that literally, which is not what is needed. any ideas as to how i can
insert the username into the property field?

much appreciated, and once again, thanks in advance.

--
best regards, tav