[Zope] Snapshots and Demo of Products

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:59:57 +0100

To the webmasters of www.zope.org and others.

When I browse the directory of Products on the zope.org site I realize that
the thing I'm missing the most is screenshots and demos of various products.

On Product pages on zope.org the default sections are:
- name
- description
- changes
- contact
- license
and download

I urge these to be default sections as well:
- screenshots
- demo

This improves the user friendliness of the whole website and might make
surfers more likely to download and install the product when they can SEE
what it is.

This is especially important for the Zope product itself. I have noticed
that the first thing I do when I browse zope competitors homesites, is to
look at screenshots.

So if webmasters of zope.org can push for this and product developers can
open their photoshop or gimp and save themselves a couple of jpegs, that
would be great!

Peter Bengtsson - bloody good programmer