[Zope] Python/Zope API

Kapil Thangavelu kvthan@wm.edu
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:01:30 -0700

> 2. Are there ways to improve it? For example I would love to know how
>    you can check if you can actually render an object. (For example
>    you can not render Control_Panel).

To render your python product objects in Zope like
<dtml-var yourObject>
you just define a method __str__

take a look at python code for the base ZClass Renderable

probably the easiest thing to do in your python product

install renderable

in your python file

import Renderable

and add Renderable as base class.

if you want have the display html in python you can do an extended
python string ''' '''

and define a method render that returns it

or use the HTMLFile and Globals (ala most Zope Products) and do it as an
html file

Cheers

Kapil