[Zope] Form POST question (and a QUERY_STRING Q.)

Yosef Gold Yosef Gold" <yosef@adsc.com
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 06:49:51 -0400

I use Zope in the old bobo fashion.  I have a homegrown session
management class that I use.  When a session is idle for a long
while, I ask the user for his password again before allowing him to
continue.  Generally, I then use the URL from the REQUEST object and
RESPONSE.redirect() to send him where he was trying to go after he
reenters his password (he never got there because I gave him a
session timeout screen instead).  This works well except in one
case.  If a user submits a form that uses POST to send it's data, I
am not forwarding the posted data and so I get a Zope error that a
parameter is missing.

Is there a way for me to get the raw posted data and forward that too
via the RESPONSE object?

A seperate small side question.  I thought that all the paremeters
after the "?" in an URL or a submitted form (using GET) are put into
the QUERY_STRING variable within the REQUEST object.  I don't see
this variable there at all.  Can someone explain when/where this
variable is set/sent .

Thanks,
Yosef

Yosef Gold (yosef@adsc.com)