[Zope] RE: Zope digest, Vol 1 #810 - 56 msgs

Tom Neff tneff@bigfoot.com
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 07:20:51 -0400

Luis Cortes <lcortes@pollak.com> writes:
> 	I'm trying HomeSite HTML Editor - which is really slick for
> somethings.
>  I was wondering if there was some easy way to turn off the
> mangling of dtml tags when switching between design view and edit
> view???

HomeSite is indeed a wonderful program!  Very extensible, you can even teach
it about DTML within reason.

Unfortunately "Design View" uses an embedded Microsoft HTML editing control
(cousin of FrontPage Express) that is NOT wonderful and not under
Allaire/HomeSite's supervision.  That's why they have options to "repair"
your HTML after visiting Design View. :)  They only put it in there so they
could offer some sort of WYSIWYG as a selling point against other packages.
Most of us turn it off.

If you want another DTML-teachable editor that does WYSIWYG right, try
Dreamweaver.