[Zope] Linking to Mailing List Managers

Nils Kassube lists@kassube.de
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:22:17 +0200

Ian Sparks wrote:

> Ideally I'd like members of my portal site to be given a free email address
> <username>@<sitename>, bouncing all mail to that address to their real email
> address.

Well, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but this has
nothing to do with Majordomo or any Mailing List management
software, because they don't provide e-mail accounts or
forward-to-another-account features, software like sendmail does.

> In a roles-based membership scheme it would also be nice to be able to send
> email to <role>@<sitename>, so the email goes to all members with that role.

Zope/E-Mail integration is something I'm very interested in doing as
part of my CS studies (What's the English word for "Studienarbeit"?).
However, my todo list of non-commercial projects is full, so it's
probably going to take some time to do something that's not paid for,
sigh, I should spend some time looking for companies here in Lübeck
or Hamburg open for new technology which is not based on Java...

With management via Zope pages do you mean something like the
administration pages of GNU Mailman (written in Python)?

    http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html
    http://www.list.org

Cheers,
Nils