[Zope] Python and Zope Question

Scott Burton scott@launchpoint.net
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:58:49 -0700

Major newbie here. I am wanting to create a python method that
iterates over items in a folder object in Zope. I am struggling with
how to access objects in the ZODB in python. Here's the script in the
simplest form.
for x in folderObject :
  return x

I am going to do things to the items once I have access to them, I
just can't figure out how to reference ZODB objects in Python. I have
done searches on the zope site and looked through the zdp but could
not find anything.

I am calling the method from a <DTML-var pythonMethodName> with no
args. My assumption is that since this is a Python Method, it has
access to the ODB structure without having to pass it anything. Am I
wrong here?

Thanks,

Scott B.
Voice: 661-325-0288