[Zope] Two in one?

Andy Gates Andy.Gates@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:59:33 +0100

Fun for all the family.  I'm trying to produce a page that draws from
two databases following one friendly search.  The first chunk of data
is from the search itself and returns, among others, an ID which I want
to pass into the second chunk to search it.  Kinda like this:

Search page: blah

Report page: loop thru hits on "blah" in db1, any of 6 fields (name,
desc)
	show id
	show name
	show desc...
	loop thru hits in id db2
		show users
		show friendlynames
	/loop
/loop

The problem I have is passing parameters to the db2 search.  Even if I
set the SQL method to use a parameter with the same name as the var
returned by the first search, I get a Zope error telling me I'm not
passing enouh parameters to it.  Testing the methods independently they
work fine.

So, (as usual) what's the no-brain bozo error I'm making?  Is is
possible to programmatically pass variables around like this (surely it
is,this would be trivial in ASP/JSP)?
Andy Gates, Learning and Research Technology
Andy.Gates@bristol.ac.uk - ICQ#74362415