[Zope] Using FTP to connect to Zope server from (g)VIM

Phil Harris pharris@crosswinds.net
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:51:58 +0100

Hi all,

My intellect was piqued recently by a discussion on the list about editors
for Zope etc.

I remember some people saynig that VIM was good, to which my response was,
'Yeah but there's no FTP built in'.

Someone then responded with a few scripts to do it.

Well I thought they were a bit cumbersome, so I wrote my own.

ftpopen.py and ftpsave.py.

If you have a VIM executable with Python support built in then these run
from within VIM and allow you to open/save file from/to Zope seamlessly. (I
have them on a menu in GVIM for instance)

I'll put the files up on my Zope Members bit
(http://www.zope.org/Members/philh) along with a few instructions.

If anybody can think of any enhancements then please let me know and I'll
see if I can work them in.

I hope these will be useful to someone.

See ya

Phil