[Zope] Strange Zope behavior/Instability (Zope going down)

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:16:54 GMT

Rob Sporleder writes:

> It was the command line within the shell.

Was it the shell on the 'server' serving zope or a shell on your local
admin machine?

>Actually, I've found something
> that's interesting...
>
> The system clock is an hour slow.

They get behind easily if your not using an time server somewhere.

>The logs are written 6 hours ahead.

I have no idea on that.

> greped the log file for BigBrother and found an hour gap with no BigBrother

Is BigBrother the Zope server?

> entries from 06:37:53 and 07:40:23, roughly the time that the site seemed to
> go down. However, during this time there were hundreds of successful hits to
> the site.

What told you there were successful hits? The Zope log?  If understanding
you, you are seeing confilcting things in 2 logs. One log says there was
successfull hit, and the other shows nothing for that time.  Is this close?