[Zope] ZClass book from Beehive.de

Mark Pratt mpratt@beehive.de
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 17:20:44 +0200 (CEST)

hi,

Steve Alexander wrote:

> However, there  were a few iffy bits: some of the HTML in
> the examples was technically incorrect, and the DTML coding
> style was sometimes over-verbose and not properly explained.

we have had several discussions at beehive about making
code examples easier to read. we are currently working
on a specification which would be followed in all our
tutorials.

> My biggest problem using the tutorial was caused by my
> not realising that ZClass meta-types are case-sensitive.
> This was not stressed in the tutorial - take care!

wow! we had no idea --- we'll add this note to future
versions of the tutorial. from what i remember hearing
at the last python conference this is a common python
problem also.

> Overall I'd rate it 8/10, losing points chiefly for poor
> coding style and a few inadequate explanations. As a whole,
> it's been very useful (and saved the CTO a lot of time
> talking me through things).

thanks! the cool thing about our tutorials is that
all our customers get free updates for one year ---
giving us bees a chance to correct any errors as well as
document any (in this case ZClass) new features/changes.

> We'll be sending our detailed comments on the
> explanations, and HTML and DTML problems, back to Beehive.

we'll be looking forward to these comments. we're happy about
any feedback we get!

regards,

mark

mark pratt  (managing director) 	mark@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299