[Zope] www.mysite.com/Members/<someone>

Ian Sparks Ian Sparks" <isparks@wmute.u-net.com
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:23:46 +0100

Hi,

I want to produce a home-page on my site using a URL like :

http://www.zope.org/Members/Fred

I'm a little confused as to how I would go about this in a dynamic way where
I would pull the contents of the page out of a database.

A non-database way would be to :

/Members (folder)
    /Fred (sub-folder or Document)
    /Jim (sub-folder or Document)
    /Jane (sub-folder or Document)

But I want to be able to generate the /Members/Fred page dynamically.

The SQLMethod part I can do, its the structuring of the objects in the
heriarchy which baffles me.

Ideally I'd like to have a "Members" folder in /, as this reduces the
clutter in /, but then how do I pick up the "Fred" part of the URL once I
have traversed into the members folder and apply it as part of a SQLMethod?

- Ian Sparks.