[Zope] Strange Zope behavior/Instability (Zope going down)

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:55:45 GMT

Harald Ragger writes:

> Jason, Rob:
>
> Ive just seen your mails, and thought uuups!
> One of my customers is using zope (2.1.4; ms cluster server; nt4 basis).
> Zope has been running fine for more than three months, but on 1st of June it
> crashed, and didn't came up again (no response from server even the zope
> services seemed to be up and running). every minute or so, we got the
> following message in the event-view: restarting zope.

Do you mean that zope wouldn't restart? Even if you restarted the server?

> The only chance I saw to bring Zope up again, was to reinstall the whole
> thing, and use the backed up Data.fs file.
> So far so good, its now running again, all data is ok, nothing lost.
> But:
> whats the reason for this? i simply have no idea (logs didnt show anything
> relevant as far as i understand).
>why i thought uups, was because of the
> same time this happend to me as to you (you also use 2.1.4). could it be a
> problem with 2.1.4? should we consider to upgrade to 2.1.6?

It's worth a shot.  I don't have any installations running on 2.1.4.  Just
2.1.1 and 2.1.6.

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com