[Zope] Re: Fwd: Re: [Zope] PoPy module

Andreas andreas@ahit.de
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:51:31 -0700

Thierry MICHEL wrote:
> > 1. When I try to connect to postgres 6.4 using PoPy the connect fails
> >    postgres.log: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "transaction"
>
> Postgres 6.4 seems not being SQL 92 compliant for the transactions !
> PoPy is ! pygresql no certtainly !

OK ... take it as a note for users still working with postgres 6.4 ;-)

> > 2. Whether Auto-commit mode is on or off on ZPoPyDA  the new postgres
> > 7.0 syntax
> >  "select * from foo limit 20 offset 10" returns all records of foo and
> > not only 20 !
> >   With PyGreSQLDA it works :-)
>
> That's running every where, it's strange that's not running on your system.
> Do you have packed the database of Zope ? Do you have create a new object ?
>
> PygresqlDA runs ok because it doesn't deal with cursors ... :-)

I of course I packed the Zope database several times.
But after I installed PoPy I did not pack it. I only
created a Z PoPy Database connection and a Z SQL Method to test the DA.

Please reply if I can help you with some logs or version info of my
system.

Andreas Heckel                            andreas@aHIT.de
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN ;-)