[Zope] Too many Roles?

David Ornstein davido@nuvomedia.com
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 20:25:01 -0700

Hi All,

As I mentioned in my last post:

[I'm trying to put in place the infrastructure to manage a trade
organization that does a lot of standards work for the eBook world
(http://www.openebook.org/).  At the moment, the site is all static.  We now
have a handful of working groups with subgroups, etc.  I'm trying to pick
the right technology to build a much fancier site with lots of groupware
stuff.  Zope looks pretty good..]

I've got members of the site who sit on this working group or that working
group and various subgroups and I need to be able to control access to the
various areas of the site based on this membership.  Roles seem like the
right choice here, but I'm wondering if this is crzay.  Does this rub any of
the Zopexperts the wrong way?

David

David Ornstein, CTO, NuvoMedia, Inc.

AIM: dbo666 voice: 650-314-1200 web: http://www.nuvomedia.com/
PGP Public Key Available at: ldap://certserver.pgp.com

"An honest man is able to speak for himself, when a knave is not."
Shakespeare, King Henry VI., Part 2