[Zope] Products, Factories, Permissions!!

Frances Keegan f.keegan@compserv.gla.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:25:06 +0100

I have a problem regarding permissions (I think).  I am using version 2.1.4.
I have a set-up like the one below:

STAFF_FOLDER_HOME		-	 	ONE named user with role as manager for 						this
entire folder and its contents.
						(permitted to do all normal managerial 						tasks).  Anonymous can
View, View 							Contents Information, Search 								ZCatalogue & Use
Database Methods.

	STAFF_MEMBER1_FOLDER	-		As above
	STAFF_MEMBER2_FOLDER	-		As Above
	STAFF_MEMBER3_FOLDER	-		As Above

I have created a template using designer, builder etc., and have added this
to the AddList.  The template itself works ok; the problem is when the
template is used within these folders.

The manager of any of the above folders is able to choose the Instant Site
from the AddList, and fill in all the details in the form but when the form
is submitted it asks for your password again.  When you enter your password,
even though correct, it tells you that authorisation has failed and to try
again.  Eventually you are told that you are not authorised to
manage_changeProperties, even though these have been specified in the
Permissions tab as something the manager is allowed to do.

Please can anyone help - I have being going round in circles for what seems
like forever.

Thanks,
Frances