[Zope] WorldPilot - Regular messages are attachments?

Bryan Stillwell arcane@verinet.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:45:32 -0600 (MDT)

I'm posting this message to the Zope mailing list, because I haven't had
much luck with emailing the WorldPilot folks directly and I've seen posts
about WorldPilot in the list archives.

Here's my problem.  I've created an rpm of WorldPilot that follows all the
instructions that are in the INSTALL.txt file that comes with it, I've
installed courier-imap and tested that it works correctly with Netscape
Mail, I've installed qmail and tested that I can send and receive email,
but the problem I have is when I try and view messages in my inbox using
WorldPilot.

If you want to know what I see, here's some screen shots of what happens:

http://www.verinet.com/~arcane/worldpilot/wp_inbox.png
http://www.verinet.com/~arcane/worldpilot/wp_message.png
http://www.verinet.com/~arcane/worldpilot/wp_zopeerror.png

Here's the traceback I received:

  Sorry, a Zope error occurred.<p>
<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: getpart)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
    (Object: getpart)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 1878, in getpart
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 856, in getPart
  File /var/tmp/python/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/mimetools.py, line 146, in decode
ValueError: unknown Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

-->

Also I want to bring to attention that in the wp_inbox.png picture that I
don't have any folders to choose from.  Does anyone know where those would
be at?

Another strange thing is the path to the mimetools.py file in the
traceback: /var/tmp/python/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/.  The
/var/tmp/python/python-root path should have only been used during the
creation of the python rpm, but it's showing up now.  It doesn't seem to
matter that much though, because it is able to find mimetools.py at the
correct path of /usr/lib/python1.5/mimetools.py.  The python-root
directory doesn't exist either.  I didn't recompile the python rpm either,
it's the stock rpm that comes with Redhat 6.2.

My setup is as follows:

Redhat       6.1
qmail        1.03+patches-8j (Set up to use Maildirs)
courier-imap 0.33-1 (IMAP program that supports qmail's Maildir format)
python       1.5.2-13
Zope         2.1.6-1
worldpilot   1.0.4-1 (Installed with my own rpm)

Thanks for any help any one can provide in advance!  Hopefully I can get
these problems resolved and I could then post the rpm for others to use.

Bryan Stillwell

--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution - the Freshest Red Hat every month