[Zope] How to catch URL in DTMLDocuments/Methods

Ian Sparks Ian Sparks" <isparks@wmute.u-net.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:58:31 +0100

Hi,

As a Zope newbie I'm still not entirely sure about how to capture the URL as
Zope traverses the tree.

For instance, my site called with :

mysite.com/members/ian/preferences/10

"members" is a DTMLMethod or Document. What I want to do is trap the URL
once it has entered "members".

So inside "members" I want to do things like :

1. Get the next part of the url ("ian") and run an SQLMethod using this as a
parameter (calling SQLMethods I understand).
2. Get the part after that, "preferences" and pull in my "preferences" DTML
page from /templates/preferences, possibly passing it the next part of the
url "10" as a parameter to that DTML page.

The conceptual problem I have is that DTMLMethods/Documents don't have a
parameters tag like SQLMethods do, so I don't see how I can "trap" parts of
the URL like SQLMethods do and use them internally in my Method/Document.

I know I keep asking this type of question, please bear with me 'till I get
it!

- Ian Sparks.