[Zope] Several users having problem accessing field names of a ZSQL Method

Jones, David H David.Jones2@PSS.Boeing.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:16:49 -0700

I am a new Zope user and am attempting to access field names of a ZSQL method.  I have read and tried to use the How-To : "Access the field names and fields of any arbitrary ZQSL query" by teyc. The code suggested there has not worked.

For example, when I use the code:

<dtml-in SQL.names>
  <dtml-let vname=sequence-item
  vvalue="SQL()[0][_['sequence-index']]">
    <dtml-var vname>,
   <dtml-var vvalue><br>
  </dtml-let>
</dtml-in>

I get the error:
Error Type: KeyError
             Error Value: SQL.names

I have nested the above code  in code that references a ZSQL method, as well as trying several other permutations, but nothing has worked. I'm wondering if this is a name lookup problem.

In checking this news group I see that several others have had similar problems.  See:

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/Main?SearchView=++&Start=1&Count=20&SearchOrder=1&ExactMatch=&SearchOrder=1&Query=sql.names

Can anyone tell me (us)  how to correctly do this, or what mistake I (we) am making.

Version information:

Zope version: Zope 2.1.6 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
    Python version: 1.5.2 (#0, Jul 30 1999, 09:52:18) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]

Regards,

David H. Jones
Boeing Phantom Works,
Mathematics and Computing Technology