[Zope] Python, Zope, and PowerPoint slides

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:00:16 +0200

>[...]
>
>>   * Amos released updated "Zope training material",
>> http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/TrainingSlidesAnnounce
>>     that he and Michel Pelletier have been working on for
>>     the past couple weeks.
>>
>>   There are twenty slide presentations which cover such topics
>>   as DTML, application design, and developing Python products.
>>
>>   Note: the PowerPoint slides are built by a Python script
>>   that reads Structured Text and talks to PowerPoint over COM - cool.
>

>How about taking the extra step and using 'PythonPoint' to make a pdf
>presentation for non-MS'ers?

IIRC Pavlos Christoforou made a Zope product that creates pdf from stx files
(goes to look it up) Yes. See
http://www.zope.org/Members/gaaros/ZpdfDocument

Though I agree a packed up version would be nice (I'm a windows user, so
pythonpoint is ok for me) Any chance the python-powerpoint script could be
made public anyway?

hth

Rik