[Zope] Zope.org Hidden Stats

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:47:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Tony McDonald wrote:
> 1) Zope + Apache redirected to Zope.cgi with PCGI_PUBLISHER =
> pcgi/pcgi_publisher.py = single threaded server. No ZServer activity.
> Uses ZPublisher?
>
> 2) Zope + Apache redirected to Zope.cgi with PCGI_PUBLISHER =
> ZServer/PCGIServer.py = ZServer based multi-threaded server. Implies
> better throughput.
>
> If I'm anywhere near close, can someone please point out any
> resources that will show me how to get option (2) working?

   There should not be any difference from (1) - when you ./start ZServer,
its builtin PCGI server will create a socket - just point Zope.cgi to the
socket as usual (as in 1). Actually, I think you don't need to do anything
special at all - the socket will be in a place where Zope.cgi expects to
find it.

<PLUG mode="SHAMELESS">
   To speed things a bit up - replace Zope.cgi with mod_pcgi2.
</PLUG>

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru