[Zope] ZCatalog and Search Results

Aaron Payne aaron@aaronpayne.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 10:30:09 -0400

Hi all,

I have a zcatalog. I use the methods generated by Z Search Interface to
search the catalog. These methods will not recognize new additions to the
catalog. After adding a coupon instance, the catalog search fails to find
the new coupon or even the the old coupons.

The add method of the zclass does have the statement: <dtml-call
reindex_object>.  The ZClass is subclassed catalogaware.

There is a bug in Zope documented in the mailing lists.  I found and tried
the following code for my zclass add method:

<HTML>
  <HEAD><TITLE>Add Coupon ZClass</TITLE></HEAD>
  <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#000099" VLINK="#555555">
  <dtml-if DestinationURL>

   <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(
         DestinationURL+'/manage_workspace')">

  <dtml-else>

      <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(
             URL2+'/manage_workspace')">

  <dtml-with "CouponProductZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call "propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(
                    REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call reindex_object>
  </dtml-with>

  </dtml-if>

When I try to and an instance I get this error:
Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: _u

I am not sure how to restructure the method.

I've been working on this for a while and I am stuck.

Peacefully,
Aaron