[Zope] Wrong mime type sent by Zope on every page

Andrew Diller dillera@isc.upenn.edu
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:51:03 -0400

Hello:

It was just brought to my attention that Zope (using Zserver) is sending the wrong MIME
type of all its pages.

Here is the header from zope: (some lines have been cut)
------------------

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Zope/Zope 2.1.6 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2) ZServer/1.1b1
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:45:23 GMT
Ms-Author-Via: DAV
Last-Modified: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:45:07 GMT

Here is one from apache:
-------------------------

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:29:59 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.6 (Unix)

 I want Zope to be sending text/html, as some browsers want to download the page rather
than view it.

I haven't discovered anywhere to configure this.

I read the Setting the MIME Type of a DTML Method
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/howto_dtml_mimetype

which claims that you can set the mime type of a method by putting it at the top of the
method. I did this on a test page, but still received the same header from Zope.

Can someone shed some light on this?

1. how to set the mime type for all methods and documents of Zope

2. What is the Ms-Author-Via: DAV in the Zope header? WebDAV?

thanks,

andy diller