[Zope] Wrong mime type sent by Zope on every page

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:53:39 +0200

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 06:59:29PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Martijn Pieters wrote:
> > You probably did a 'HEAD' request, at which point Zope doesn't render the
> > page, but rather only acknowledges it's existence by returning above (bogus)
> > response.
>
> That's not very search engine friendly :(
> The head should return the same type as the real document otherwise
> what's the point of returning a head at all?!

But what if there are side effects to calling the document? What should
happen? I don't want a counter to go up or anything just because a HEAD was
called on the object.

This is not as black-and-white and simple an issue.

--
Martijn Pieters