[Zope] ZCatalog and Search Results

Aaron Payne aaron@aaronpayne.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 21:40:54 -0400

Jason,

At 11:41 pm 6/8/00 +0000, Jason Spisak wrote:
>You have the dtml-if statement in the wrong place if you want the object to
>be created and then redirect. First, try it without the dtml-if statement
>like so.
>
> > <HTML>
> >   <HEAD><TITLE>Add Coupon ZClass</TITLE></HEAD>
> >   <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#000099" VLINK="#555555">
>
> >   <dtml-with "CouponProductZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
> > REQUEST)">
> >    <dtml-call "propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(
> >                     REQUEST)">
> >    <dtml-call reindex_object>
> >   </dtml-with>

I tried this in the add method. Actually, both the old and the new method
reindexed the instance.  The problem occurs when I try to search the
catalog after adding the zclass.  After adding an instance, the catalog
search fails to find the new coupon or even the the old coupons.  Only when
I manually update the catalog in the mangament interface will it return any
matches.

>Does it index it?
>
>Jason Spisak

Thanks,