[Zope] ANN: ZUBB 0.3.2 (Zope Ultimate Bulletin Board)

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:59:34 -0400

At 11:31 AM +1300 6/9/2000, Graham Chiu wrote:
>How about default sorting the message threads so that the thread with
>the most recent reply is at the top?

This would be possible but I think it would be confusing to the user
(posts would jump to the top). See below...

>And instead of just having the number of messages in a thread in
>brackets at the end of the thread header, also include the last date, or
>the number of new messages since the visitor last was at the ZUBB (
>since you're using a persistent cookie )?

I would love to add the ability to include the "last viewed" cookie
feature. I will add it to the future feature list.

The big thing on my plate though, is how to limit the amount of
threads shown. Once you get beyond 100 or so I am worried about
performance and download size. If anyone has any knowledge about
limiting tree views that would be great.

Thanks,