[Zope] Zope, Apache/NT, Reliability issues

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 03:17:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, J. Michael Mc Kay wrote:
> The conversation below suggests that pcgi passes requests to Zope.  I am
> confused about this because I am told this is a Website issue, but when
> explained in it's simplest terms (below) it appears to be a pcgi or Zope
> issue.
>
> The error I am receiving says that the webserver may not be able to forward
> cgi requests (? it's been awhile since I looked at it) This doesn't make
> sense if pcgi is  passing the info on. I guess I am asking "Where exactly is
> authentication breaking down when using pcgi....or where is it most likely
> to break down?

From this I'm guessing that website is not passing authentication
headers in the environment when a cgi is called, which is a good
default configuration.  The Apache magic is a method for telling
Apache you really want it to pass the auth info to the cgi.

--RDM