[Zope] Extended characterset

Ivan Mackintosh ivan@rcp.co.uk
Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:36:05 GMT

Hi,

What I want to do is to allow users to be able to enter greek/mathematical
symbols into a textbox. I have managed to do this but get the following
problem -

In the first dtml method the user clicks on a symbol button and that symbol
is entered into the textbox. They then click on a submit button and the next
dtml method is displayed.

This method simply does a <dtml-var REQUEST> so that I can see the value
of the previous textbox. The symbol has changed!

On the first method I enter a lower case delta symbol and in the second I can
see an 'a' with dots above it.

If I change my code so that instead of inserting a symbol into the textbox it
inserts the code &delta; then when I get to the second dtml method the correct
symbol is displayed. This is not very user friendly though.

Is there somekind of encoding variable set in Zope? as if I do the same code
in straight html then it works fine.

Regards,
Ivan