[Zope] Re: user contributions to Zope.org (Mangled text)

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 07:48:52 +0200

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 06:51:08PM -0700, Hung Jung Lu wrote:
> Not to be picky, Ken, but since you are from Digicool... could you take a
> look at your own message at:
>
> http://www.egroups.com/message/zope/33350?&start=33322
>
> (I checked both IE and Netscape, from PC.)
>
> Lately there have been quite a few mangled messages at egroups. Could you
> find out what went wrong and let people know how to prevent this kind of
> mangling? I have heard people saying repeatedly that please do not use
> HTML-format e-mail messages, did you use HTML format? Or is it related to a
> particular mail software that you use?

This is because Ken used some dtml tags in his email, to explains some
details, a common thing to do on a list that discusses the system that uses
DTML the most. Some email clients, and the eGroups archiver as well,
immediatly assume the email contains HTML and try and render it as such. This
is a bug in these email clients and eGroups.

--
Martijn Pieters