[Zope] closed Portal

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:38:20 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Graham Chiu" <anon_emouse@hotmail.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 4:19 PM
Subject: [Zope] closed Portal

> I just downloaded and installed the latest checkout from the PTK for the
> first time.
>
> It seems that if I want to have a closed Portal, I can't use Zope's
> authentication mechanisms to allow users into the folder that contains
> the Portal as the Portal then complains that the user has already been
> authenticated outside the Portal.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes, I believe that is correct. I think the Portal is expecting the user
object to have some extra methods and properties that wouldn't necessarily
be in a standard Zope user object.

I'm in the process of decoupling the Membership system from the Portal
object. I'll probably have an early alpha within the next couple of days. My
hope is that when I integrate the Membership component back into the Portal
package, you'll be able to install Membership at your Zope root if you wish,
and use those users within a Portal.

Kevin